Friday, November 28, 2008

The benefits of consigning.


Every time I put away clean laundry, I always think that I need to clean out my closet (which is overflowing) and consign some items! My closet was so full that I had clothes draped over a chair. It was such a mess and I finally did something about it. Since my mom owns a beautiful consignment store, The Wandering Wardrobe (www.thewanderingwardrobe.blogspot.com) I consigned them with her. There are many benefits to consignment. We all want to save the earth and be more green, and consigning is as green as you can get!! It's basically just recycling your clothing. Everyone also likes a little extra cash in their pocket. At the Wandering Wardrobe, consignors earn 50% of what sells. Some of my mom's customers call their consignment money their pizza money. The process is easy, quick, and painless. The Wandering Wardrobe does it all for you. All you have to do is make sure it's clean and in great condition, and drop it off. Once you're in the store, you might just find a treasure or two.

The Wandering Wardrobe is located in a beautiful historic home at 511 South Main Street in Springville. (801) 489-3893.

1 comment:

Patty said...

Thank you, Kenna. It's just so fun seeing what consignors bring to sell, and you're right - they do find treasures when they bring their items to consign. A consignor found a special present for her daughter just the other day that she had been looking for everywhere, and that just wasn't available to buy new. I'm not telling what it was because she may blog, and that would ruin the surprise! I KNOW she's going to love it.