Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A new Thanksgiving recipe


I have signed up to get email recipes from Weight Watchers. A tasty one came along and I thought I'd share. Why not try sweet potatoes this year? They are good for you and chock full of nutrients. I thought I'd bring these to my family's dinner this year. Of course, we'll still have normal mashed potatoes because it isn't tradition without those!

Here's the recipe:

Ingredients
3 medium sweet potato(es), peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks (about 2 pounds)
2 medium garlic clove(s), peeled
1/2 cup(s) plain fat-free yogurt, Greek-variety recommended
4 tsp sugar
1/8 tsp table salt, or more to taste
1/8 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, or to taste
Instructions
Place potatoes and garlic in a large saucepan and pour in enough water to cover potatoes. Set pan over high heat and bring to a boil. Boil until potatoes are fork-tender, about 8 minutes.


Drain potatoes and garlic; transfer potatoes and garlic to a large bowl. Add yogurt and sugar to bowl; mash until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Yields about 1/2 cup per serving.

Best of all, they're only one point per serving!

Recipe and picture from www.weightwatchers.com

2 comments:

Marianne said...

Oh...I LOVE sweet potatoes. They're great even with just a little butter and cinnamon. YUM! It makes me hungry!

Patty said...

Can't wait to try them!