Thursday, November 20, 2008

Really?


I just read an article on WebMd about a new fad diet called the "Cookie Diet." http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/the-cookie-diet. I'm always looking for diet and health tips and I was intrigued as to how an individual can eat 5-6 cookies a day and lose weight. Apparently the cookies are filled with healthy ingredients and you're supposed to eat 5-6 of them a day in place of meals. Dinner consisits of a whopping 300 calories. The authors of the diet recommend that you eat about 800 calories a day and you'll expect to lose 2-3 pounds a week. Um...last time I checked that's called anorexia, my friends. A healthy goal when dieting is between 1200-1700 calories per day. Any nutritionist will tell you that it is really bad for your health to cut out entire food groups. This diet recommends that you don't consume any dairy or fruit. It is entirely lacking in whole grains and vegetables too.

I'm not a nutritionist, although somedays I think that'd be a really fun field to go into. I say if it sounds like a fad than it probably is. Moderation is key.

1 comment:

Patty said...

I was thinking I might try it. (: