Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Good-Bye JCC


Last Friday was my last day of work at the JCC. Due to financial and insurance reasons, I took a position at Discover Card.

I've taught at the JCC for almost two years. I grew to love the children in my class as my own. I developed great relationships with their parents and all of the wonderful and talented staff there.

It was a hard last day. My whole class gave me a big group hug, and during it I had tears streaming down my face. I will miss my co-teachers Pam, Anny, and Brandy so much. The Administrative team was so good to me, and I left on excellent terms. I will miss story-time, my favorite part of the day. I will also miss learning about the Jewish Culture and doing Shabbat every Friday morning.

It was my first day at Discover Card yesterday. It was definitely an adjustment starting work at 6:00 am. But, the upside of that is that I'm completely done with work by 2:00 in the afternoon with the whole day ahead of me! This will create some much needed study time. I will definitely miss the "family" style atmosphere of the J. Discover can't quite compare to that because they have over 5,000 employees, but I hope to make friends with the members of my team and recreate that family feeling.

I was sad to leave teaching because I want to eventually teach elementary school. With this new job I'll be able to pay my way through the rest of school and be able to live more comfortably. I guess doing what you love doesn't always pay the bills and I think I made the right choice.

1 comment:

The Rice Life! said...

I am so proud of you! You will teach again...but you will make more money!