Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

I hope you are all having a great day and wearing green!! I am a lover of all holidays, and definitely get into the spirit of this one. I wish we could celebrate this holiday at work. As a preschool teacher, I keep thinking of all the amazing green art projects I could create with my children! There are so many fun story books I could read to my class too. We don't celebrate St. Patrick's Day at the JCC. We didn't celebrate Valentine's Day or Halloween either. It was hard for me at first, but now I have gotten mostly used to it. We only celebrate Jewish holidays here.

We are in the middle of celebrating Purim, which has been fun. Purim is the joyous holiday of the miraculous escape of the Jews from annihalation some 2,400 years ago in Persia. We had a Purim Carnival yesterday that I volunteered at, and all of the kids came in fun costumes and went on a treasure hunt.

No comments: