Monday, March 24, 2008

A disgusting day at the J...


So, it has been a disgusting day at the J. Last week we found out the we have an infestation of head lice in the Early Childhood Center. We had to send 3 children home. Today 6 more children were sent home. It just keeps spreading, and it is not contained to one classroom. All of the staff are horribly disgusted and fearful that we too might get this nasty little parasite! We have all worn our hair up in buns, and been quite diligent at cleaning our classrooms. We've had to bag up all the dramatic play costumes, and housekeeping couches and props for the next ten days to hopefully kill it. The bikes had to be taken away on the playground because the children cannot wear the helmets.

I went out and bought special tea tree oil that I brush through my hair each day that is supposedly a preventative measure. (the tea tree oil shampoo was sold out, as each staff member and parent has stocked up)I also heard that lice like clean hair, so I've been using lots of product. Wish me luck as I do not want lice!

On a much happier note, the pool is being filled today! Summer is just around the corner!

2 comments:

Reade said...

Oh eww. Let's hope that it stops spreading!! Did they warn you about this in school?

JanaB said...

And that my friend is why I am working on my masters in public health! NASTY ASS!!!! ha ha ha ha. . . it could be worse :) Hope you are well!