Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Random things about me...

I recently had some inspiration from my best friend Mary's blog(www.krisandmary.blogspot.com) and her "Random Ramblings" post. This got me thinking, and I have come up with some random things of my own.

First, my dream job. A friend asked me what my dream job was, and I first thought of teaching, but now I'm not so sure anymore. I didn't know what to tell him. After some thought, I think my dream job would be a children's book author. I remember reading countless books to my preschoolers during story time, and thinking "I could have written this, why don't I write a book?!" So, this is a goal of mine that I would someday like to accomplish. I think this stems from my childhood love of books. Often times you could find me curled up and reading and also begging to be read to. Reading and writing are loves of mine.

Sleep. I am one of those people who needs a good 7 to 8 hours of sleep a night, every night. If I don't get this, then I get emotional. I also think that any sickness, such as colds and flu can be remedied if you just go to bed.

Dogs. I am a dog lover, and always have been. Growing up we had a dog, or a few at time and they became companions and friends. I especially love Terriers, Labs, and Golden Retrievers. We had the first two growing up, but the Golden Retriever love stems from the show "Full House" and the dog Comet I think. I used to watch that show growing up and always wanted a Golden Retriever. haha.

Food. I'm not a picky eater at all! I'll try anything once as long as it's not too spicy. I think the most common meal I eat is chicken, brown rice, and vegetables. I know I'm boring and need to branch out! I also love Mexican food and Sushi.

Color. I love the color red. It's so warm and vibrant. If you were to see my bedroom, you would know this about me. I also love spring colors.

Flowers. I am a lover of all flowers. I think they are the most beautiful creation, and I doubt there's a flower that I don't like! I know some guys think flowers are a lame gift, but I'll take them any day! I even got my floral certification several years ago after being inspired by all of the darling corner flower shops in Boston. I'd like to get a side job as a florist to be able to use this skill. My all time favorite flowers are pink tulips. I also love roses for how they smell and the significance they have.

The beach. I think this place is one of the most perfect of God's creations. Growing up, we would travel to Clearwater Beach, Florida. If you were to ask me what my "happy place" is, this comes to mind.

Fear. I'm terrified of deep water, and will not go in it! This stems from playing with cups during my swim lessons as a child. I never did learn how to swim.

Organization. Despite my best attempts at organization, I am truly a pack-rat. It's a battle I deal with daily, but I'm working on it!

Friendship. After an extremely shy childhood came my social butterfly years in high school. Now, I'm somewhere in the middle. I have a handful of dear friends. I choose deep friendship with a few rather than being acquaintances with many.

Sisters. I have two beautiful sisters, one older and one younger. A friend asked me if I have "middle-child" syndrome. I definitely do not. I enjoy being in the middle!

No comments: