Saturday, December 13, 2008

Holiday Traditions


I'm taking a quick study break to share some holiday traditions with you. Growing up, my sweet mom would give my sisters and I a holiday ornament every year. We would put our initials on it and hang it on the tree. Then, when we get married, we will have enough ornaments to hang on our first Christmas tree together.

Another tradition is, every Christmas Eve my dad reads us some holiday children's books. My favorite one that he reads to us is called "The Cajun Night Before Christmas" by Jenny Jackson Moss. It's truly a treat to hear this story, because my dad reads it with a very southern accent.

I think holiday traditions can bring families together. What are yours?

2 comments:

Patty said...

One of my favorite holiday traditions is when we'd go to Salt Lake to see the lights and stay in a hotel. I'd pack new little jammies in your suitcases and surprise you. I get all teary when I remember how excited you were.

Jilly said...

You are so wonderful Kenna! I love your blog so much! I can't wait to try that recipe too! We need to get together soon I agree. I love ya tons girlie!