Sunday, December 21, 2008

Holiday Gingersnaps


I'm going to do some holiday baking today. I love to bake, but usually only bake during the holidays. I'm baking these for my co-workers today. This is my mom's famous "King Size Gingersnaps" recipe. She always made these during the holidays when I was a child. They bring back happy memories!

"King Size Gingersnaps"
1 3/4 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup light molasses
1 Tablespoon soda
1 teaspoon cloves
1 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Measure 1 cup sugar and mix remaining ingredients. Sprikle sugar on waxed paper. Shape dough into 1 1/2 inch balls and roll in sugar. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 12-15 minutes. Yum!

3 comments:

Patty said...

Ha Ha, you forgot the shortening, too!

Kenna said...

So, this recipe includes 3/4 cup of shortening.

Anonymous said...

these look delicious! i've been snowed in for the past few days, but if i have a chance to go to the grocery store, i will definitely attempt to make these! i love new recipes. thanks.