Thursday, May 15, 2008

Getting back to normal

Hi friends,

I just wanted to update you. I'm slowly getting back to normal. I am working a half day today. My boss just told me that some of my co-workers donated some of their sick time so that I will have a paycheck. The kindness of my co-workers brought me to tears.

I just got back from the Thrombosis clinic, and my blood levels are right where they want them. The Coumadin is working. I've had to make some changes in my diet, for instance no spinach, brusel sprouts,broccoli, green tea, grapefruit juice, or cranberry juice for me. The leafy green veggies have too much vitamin K, which makes the blood clot. The juices could increase my blood levels. I also have to avoid ibuprofen because it could cause stomach bleeding, and we don't want any internal bleeding. I have to limit alcohol consumption, but that wasn't ever an issue with me anyway.

Thanks all for your support and your phone calls!

1 comment:

JanaB said...

I heard about your scare!!!! I am so glad that you are doing ok. PLEASE stay in bed!!!!!