Monday, January 12, 2009

I love you Grandma Dolly


I had a really hard day today. After getting a phone call from my dear mom, my sister Erin and I went to visit my Grandma Dolly today. She doesn't have much time, and we had to say our good-byes. We spent a long time with grandma today just holding her hand and kissing her cheek and telling her how much we love her. I'm fortunate that I was allowed that time today with her. I was thinking back today on all of the happy memories that I have with her. They are all mostly from when I was a little girl. I remember spending many fun weekends at my grandma's house while my mom and dad got to spend a weekend away together. Grandma Dolly would always create such fun memories with us. I remember playing in her pool(there was even a time when Erin had to wear my grandma's swimsuit because she forgot hers, and she was so livid.) My grandma would buy us special drumstick ice cream cones and we'd eat them on her patio. I remember playing on her staircase for hours with this little orange Buddha man. She always had very fun tub-toys and I remember playing in her big tub with those. She would cook us the most wonderful meals, and whenever I eat her recipe of spaghetti or chicken cordon bleu I will think of her. My grandma loves family together time, and we had many happy summer afternoons with all of us together. I love you Grandma Dolly, and I will miss you so much.

3 comments:

The Rice Life! said...

Kenna I am so sorry about your sweet grandma. I am really glad though that you spent today with her. She knows how much you love her and will always be your angel. I think you are lucky that you got to say goodbye. Too often the people we love go without us having the chance to tell them how much they mean to us. I also think it is a blessing that your life is so parallel to mine. We always share in the good times and the bad. I guess that's what best friends are for. I love you and I'm thinking of you!

Patty said...

I am so glad that you got to spend time with Grandma Dolly, and that you have such happy memories of her. Remember the time we had a family picnic and dad and Uncle Mike had a watermelon fight? Grandma was mortified, and the madder she got, the harder we all laughed, until she finally laughed too.

Reade said...

Oh Kenna, I'm so glad you were able to say good-bye. Always think back to those happy memories of her!