Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Walk Now for Autism

I just signed up for the "Walk Now for Autism" on May 3rd. I am going to be doing the walk with some co-workers from the JCC. They have named our team "Autism Schmautism." Catchy huh?

Autism is a complex brain disorder that inhibits a person's ability to communicate and develop social relationships and is often accompanied by extreme behavioral challenges. Autism spectrum disorders are diagnosed in 1 in 150 children in the United States, affecting four times as many boys as girls. The diagnosis of autism has increased tenfold in the last decade. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have called autism a national public health crisis whose cause and cure remain unknown.

Autism is a cause that is very close to my heart. I am a teacher, and I have seen many children suffer from this disease.

I will be donating my time and money to this event. If you'd like to walk with us, please do so! You can sign up at: http://www.walknowforautism.org/utah our team name is Autism Schmautism.

If you'd like to donate, please go to this website. http://www.walknowforautism.org/utah/personal/kenna

Thanks friends!

No comments: